This is a bad habit.

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

Madness

I've been trying to apply more taoist-buddhist teachings in my life recently.
I was first inspired by a friend and I even told him that, and that I will try my best to follow in his footsteps as they say. As a result of this, I've been trying my best to laugh things off, more than I normally do.

And now, I face a predicament.
I feel anger. Anger that I do not like feeling.
I know that I should be kind and patient about these things, but recent crazy events have shown me that keeping your anger or some other negative emotions inside will not lead to any good, and may even lead to a nervous breakdown (or even a tumor, they say) in the future.

Then, yesterday, this message came to me -
If you have to force yourself to be kind, to love, to feel compassion, you've missed the first step of filling in your own self with these emotions.

I know I should not let things that I read take control of my life, but, I must say, all this now confuses me. I don't want any BV (bad vibes) in my life right now, or ever. But what is it really that I need to do for me to be at peace with myself?

Is it a step by step thing?

A. You have to be kind and patient.
B. You cannot force yourself to be kind, to love, and to feel compassion for it would not be true.
C. You shouldn't keep your emotions bottled up inside.

Which comes before which?
How is it to let go of your anger without actually letting it go - out there in the open?

leave a response